The parish of Walcot has a number of graveyards:
- the area around St Swithin’s church
- a graveyard, with a mortuary chapel, at Walcot Gate
- Lansdown Cemetery, from 1848 - about 7,000 burials
- part of Locksbrook cemetery from 1864 - about 30,000 burials
Bath Record Office located at the Guildhall has microfiches of the parish’s registers for: baptisms 1691-1884, marriages 1728-1971 and burials 1711-1955 as well as transcripts and indexes. It also has for the parish Alphabetical list of memorials and gravestones in church premises (names only); Inscriptions in Graveyard, by David L Houldridge, 1981 (54 records) and Plan of Gravestones in the Crypt (poor legibility).
The graveyard at Walcot Gate must have had a large number of graves, the number of entries in the burial register suggesting that over 20,000 were buried. However, the area was cleared with the remains being reburied at Haycombe cemetery and the surviving 320 memorials placed in rows by the mortuary chapel. The inscriptions were documented in 1981 by David L Houldridge but represent only a small fraction of those buried.
For the parish the National Burial Index version 3 produced by the Federation of Family History Societies has 22,293 entries for periods 1699-1700, 1711-1717, 1721-1843, 1846-64 and, for Lansdown Cemetery, a further 5785 entries but this does not give the location of graves.
St Swithin's Church Office has a name index for Lansdown Cemetery which gives the location of the graves as well as maps of the whole cemetery and the individual sections.
From 1864 many inhabitants of the parish were buried in Locksbrook Cemetery which served Walcot, Weston and St Saviour’s. Burials in that cemetery are not recorded in the parish’s burial register. Bath & North East Somerset Council has a chargeable service for finding a grave in this cemetery.